These strawberry cookies are a healthy and wholesome recipe that needs just four ingredients to make. Thick, chewy, and bursting with berries, they bake in just 12 minutes.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can sub for any nut or seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large tray with parchment paper . Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for the strawberries and chocolate chips. Fold them through at the end.
- Form 12 small balls of dough and place each one on the lined sheet. Press each ball into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden on the edges. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray completely. Be careful to not overcook or they will be quite dry!
Tips to make the best recipe
- Do not overbake the cookies, as the exterior will become overly hard, and the center be rubbery. Start checking the cookies around the 10-minute mark and remember, they continue to cook while cooling down.
- These cookies aren’t overly sweet and rely on strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips for sweetness. Feel free to add some liquid stevia, granulated sugar, or maple syrup for extra sweetness.
- Chill the dough if you prefer thicker and chewier cookies. 30 minutes in the refrigerator is plenty of time.
- Add a dash of lemon juice to the batter to enhance the flavor of the strawberries.
- Fold through some nuts, seeds, or even coconut flakes for more texture.
- Press down on each cookie to form a cookie shape before baking them. Because there is no baking powder or soda, the cookies with keep their shape throughout.
Each cookie has less than 100 calories and 12 grams of carbs!