Grain-free, gluten-free black bean banana bread with chocolate chips. Moist, fluffy, AMAZING!
Prep Time: 10minutes mins
Cook Time: 40minutes mins
Total Time: 50 minutes mins
- 2 large ripe bananas peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, 1 3/4 cups
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the black beans of any liquid and pat them dry with a paper towel (they don’t need to be perfectly dry, just not overly saturated).
- Transfer the black beans to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) and blend until smooth. If adding chocolate chips, stir them into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the bread feels firm when gently poked in the center.
- Allow bread to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.