These apple pie bites are made with soft dried apples, dates, walnuts and a little bit of spice for a sweet little treat that tastes like apple pie!
1 1/4 cups pecans or walnuts
1 cup packed dried soft apple rings
1 cup tightly packed, soft pitted dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ginger
- Place the pitted dates in a bowl and soak in hot water for up to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the nuts to a food processor and blend for 30-45 seconds on high, or until broken into a course grainy flour. If there are a few larger pieces left behind that is ok!
- Add the apple rings and soaked dates and the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed and you get the desired texture.
- Use your hands to roll it into balls.
- Store the balls in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.