I saw a version of these on Instagram and I had to try them. I couldn’t believe you could make a cookie with just these two ingredients. I was wrong. These 2-Ingredient Coconut Cookies are the ultimate simple treat. They contain no gluten, no grains, no dairy, no eggs, nuts or added sugar, and are so quick and easy to make (requiring only a bowl, a spoon, and a baking pan).
- 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, puree banana until it becomes a smooth liquid. Add in coconut and pulse just a few times to evenly mix the two ingredients. Be careful to not overmix. The coconut should still be in shreds, but just smaller. Your mixture should be thick.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and place onto cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing two inches apart. Use the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake cookies about 17-20 minutes or until edges turn brown and surface is no longer wet. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheet before removing. The bottom of the cookies do stick a little, so make sure to use a cookie spatula to remove cookies from sheet.
If you aren’t a fan of coconut you can replace it with rolled oats.
Tip! You can also make this more than two ingredients of course by replacing come of the coconut with ground flax seeds and I have to admit to adding chocolate chips to many of my batches for a truly sweet treat!