I love salmon, its loaded with healthy for your brain fats and plenty of muscle maintaining protein. There are so many easy salmon recipes but since I discovered how amazing it is with dijon mustard, this particular salmon recipe has become our new favourite way to cook it at home. The flavour is off the charts and it stays moist and delicious.
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon filet (of 4 individual steaks)
- 1 tbsp dried dill (or replace with 1/4 cup fresh dill or parsley, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking tray and set it aside.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and generously coat the top of the salmon.
- Bake the salmon for 18-20 minutes (depending on size and thickness), then slice it into individual portions and serve immediately.
What to Serve With It?
I have become more than a little routine with my meal pairings and almost always serve my salmon with rice and steamed green beans or broccoli and this recipe is no different. The fish itself has so much flavour, even before you add the dijon and dill, so I like the rest of the meal to be simple and light.