We love the taste of cilantro and will serve it as a main ingredients in our salads. That said, I get not everyone likes it. If that’s the case for you don’t give up on this recipe altogether. The rest of the ingredients are delicious enough to carry themselves without the cilantro. No need to replace anything, just keep it out.
Serve this on it’s own as a side salad or even better, on top of your chicken or fish tacos or as a burger topper!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tightly-packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic cloves
- (optional) 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, stemmed and cored
- 8 cups of shredded coleslaw vegetables (I use green and red cabbage, carrots and broccoli but this recipe works with just one or a combination of any of these)
- Combine the Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, green onions, garlic and jalapeño (if using) in a blender or food processor. Pulse briefly a few times until the mixtures is combined.
- Place the shredded cabbage mix in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the sauce on top of the cole slaw, then toss until the mixture is evenly combined. Season with extra pepper and/or lime juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Recipe adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com