If you are looking for a healthy, one dish dinner then this is it! Loaded with healthy sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini and protein rich chicken this lemony, one dish dinner is sure to delight!
- 2 medium sweet potato scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1 small head broccoli cut into florets (about 2 cups florets)
- 2 red bell peppers cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half moons
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. Keep the bowl handy. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are just beginning to soften on the outsides but are still too firm to eat.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl that you used previously for the sweet potatoes, place the chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, and zucchinis. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the lemon zest and juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sheet pan with the sweet potatoes, using a spatula to spread everything into an fairly even layer and stirring it a bit if needed.
- Return to the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 20 to 30 additional minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle and the vegetables are tender but not mushy. (They won’t be browned and caramelized but will be delicious to eat.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot.