I love everything about these energy balls. I used organic cacoa powder with no additives, when this is blended with the walnuts and dates it gives me a creamy, guilt free chocolate fix that doesn’t raise my blood sugar and keeps me satisfied for hours!
- 1 cup packed pitted dates (medjool is best)
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 0.25 sea salt
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Remove.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add the cacao powder, hemp seeds and sea salt. Pulse a few more times to combine but do not overmix or it will turn into a butter.
- Add the dates back in along with the nut butter, raisins and melted coconut oil. Mix or pulse to combine. The results should be a moist dough like mixture. If it is too wet, add a bit more cacao or hemp.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts and carefully form into balls. The dough will be somewhat fragile, so use the warmth of your hands to gently form/roll them into balls. There should be about 20 energy bites total.
- Roll in extra hemp seeds or cacao powder (optional).
- Store leftover energy balls in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.