Each stage of your bodies immune response relies on the presence of many micronutrients such as Vitamin C, D, Zinc and protein. It has also been found that our gut microbiome plays a key role in our immune function and so the importance of high fibre foods and prebiotics is also key in stimulating immune cell activity. Smoothies are a great way to get those nutrients in, especially if you are in a rush. This healthy immune boosting smoothie is packed with immune boosting protein, vitamins and mineral rich fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds along with probiotic rich yogurt and blood sugar balancing cinnamon.
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia or ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp almond, sunflower or pumpkin seed butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 drop of 1000 iu vitamin D
- 8+ ounces of water or enough for desired consistency
Add all ingredients to your blender, blend and enjoy!
Note: to make this vegan and/or dairy free you can replace the yogurt with a plant based protein powder
Related post: http://roselandhealthandfitness.ca/2021/06/25/chocolate-cherry-smoothie/