My kids and I love a good soup and ramen certainly rates high on the list for us. There aren’t a lot of good ramen places nearby and so I have played with making my own for years. If you know ramen, you know that a good stock takes hours and hours to make…I am not that passionate about it to do that so I have tried to recreate it so that the it still tastes great but can be a quick weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy this easy ramen soup!
- 3 cups chicken stock (homemade or otherwise)
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chinese five spice
- dash of chili powder
- 2 slices ginger
- 375 grams ramen noodles
- 8 ounces cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 package enoki mushrooms
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: 2 soft boiled eggs (sliced in half), sliced green onions, sesame seeds, seaweed
Mix all the first 8 ingredients together in a large stock pot. Once you have it at a boil add the ramen noodles and cook according to package directions. Add the enoki mushrooms for the last 2 minutes.
Put all the rest of the toppings in a bowl and serve the stock over top of it Sprinkle green onions, sesame seeds or any other topping on top and place half a soft boiled egg in each bowl.