This super flavourful Avocado Egg Salad is made with super simple ingredients. All the nutritious goodness of an avocado recipe mixed with hard-boiled eggs, crunchy asparagus and fragrant dill. Perfect busy weeknight dinner or potluck contribution.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lbs asparagus
- avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and bring water to the boil in a small pot.
- Trim dry ends of asparagus, add to a baking sheet in one layer and drizzle with a little bit of avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Massage in oil and salt and then roast for 5-10 minutes depending on thickness.
- Carefully add fridge cold eggs to boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, half, pit, peel and cube avocado and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Wash, dry and chop dill and add to avocado.
- Cut up roasted asparagus into bite size pieces and add to other ingredients.
- Peel and cut eggs into wedges and add to mixing bowl.
- In a small sealable container shake together juice of whole lemon, olive oil, sea salt and pepper, then drizzle over salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 12 hours.